The Society for the Study of Early Modern Women (www.ssemw.org/) extends sponsorship to as many as five panels of 3 papers each at the annual meeting of the Renaissance Society of America (2017 in Chicago, 30 March – 1 April). The Society promotes study and scholarly exchange in all disciplinary fields, with a focus on women/female gender/women’s sexuality in the early modern period. Sponsorship of panels by the SSEMW signifies that the panels are pre-approved and automatically accepted for the RSA annual meeting.*
Proposals are due by 24 May 2016 to Molly Bourne, SSEMW liaison with the Renaissance Society of America: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals (please do NOT send in PDF format) must include:
– Abstract (max 150 words) describing the objective of the panel (for SSEMW use only)
– Names of Organizer(s) + Chair + Speakers and any eventual respondent(s), with their institutional affiliations + email addresses
– One-page CV (for Organizers/Speakers only, max 300 words, NOT in prose)
– For each paper: title (max 15 words) + draft abstract (max 150 words) + keywords (max 4)
– Specification of any audio/visual needs
ORGANIZERS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT PARTICPANTS RESPECT MAX. WORD LENGTH OF TITLES, ABSTRACTS & CVs
The language in which papers may be read are: English (preferred language), Italian, Spanish, French or German. Response emails regarding SSEMW sponsorship will be sent out at least seven days prior to the RSA deadline (7 June 2016) for the submission of panel proposals.
The SSEMW requires that scholars whose panels are accepted for sponsorship be/become members of the Society.
*Please note that there are only few travel grants available to members of the Renaissance Society of America (visit www.rsa.org/). As in most North American conferences, participants are expected to be members of the Society, and to fund their own travel and lodging.